By Collette Larsen
“Hello Collette, I need some advice. I’m stuck. I’ve been at the (fill in the blank) rank for (fill in the blank) months or years and I just can’t seem to move forward in my USANA business.”
Please…could someone give me a buck for every time I’ve received this call or an e-mail similar to this? Or even better, could someone give me a buck for every time I’ve thought this about myself? Ouch! Talk about perceived helplessness.
Now before you read any further, PLEASE watch this video.
Wasn’t that great? When my brother Derek sent it to me, I couldn’t stop laughing. And then I stopped laughing and started reflecting. There’s a pretty powerful message in that short clip, isn’t there?
Are you stuck…possibly waiting for someone to rescue you? This perceived stuckedness (yes, I’m making up words as I go along) can occur in any area of life. I know. I purchased a book for myself back in 1998. The title? “Prince Charming Isn’t Coming.” It’s a great little book by Barbara Stanny that gave me the kick in the pants I needed at that time. I remember thinking, “No one is going to rescue me. I need to keep putting one foot in front of the other and take responsibility for my own happiness.” And you know what…I did!
I’m guessing there are times in all our lives when we need to simply walk up the darn escalator and get on with it. So, if you’re stuck in building your USANA business, here is a step-by-step plan of action for you.
- Purchase a dozen USANA sales tools. This can be your favorite but may I humbly suggest my new CD “Kiss Your Boss Goodbye” available here. I don’t like to pitch my own stuff but this CD is good and 100% of my profit goes to charity. Yes…100%.
- Thoughtfully make a list of twelve people who need to improve their health or make additional money.
- Contact those twelve people (in person, letter, phone, e-mail, text) and let them know you have something they may or may not be interested in, but you just can’t get them off your mind.
- Share with them. Again, this will be giving them a USANA tool, inviting them to a webcast or a live meeting, getting them on a three-way call with someone else, whatever feels right to you.
- Follow-up and repeat as necessary.
There you go. You get to decide whether or not you remain stuck. My hope is you’ll get up, brush yourself off and start moving again. Enjoy the ride…or the walk, whichever the case may be!
USANA’s Top Earner and 10-Star Diamond Director
P.S. Here’s a little insider secret…sometimes Prince Charming does show up, usually when you least expect him.